The Dwyer Group, Inc. is a leading operator of multiple franchise concepts, primarily related to commercial and residential maintenance and repair; the company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Waco, TX.
The Dwyer Group is one of the world's largest franchising organizations with more than 2,100 North American-based franchisees, close to 250 franchisees operating through international master licenses and over 35 company-owned glass stores under the brand name Portland Glass.
The Dwyer Group has developed a highly efficient model with a focus on strong franchise support and superior customer service while fostering a unique corporate culture based on a shared Code of Values™.
Each of the company's concepts provides need-based services, such as plumbing and appliance repair, that are critical for proper maintenance and often urgent in nature.
The Dwyer Group is majority owned by The Riverside Company, a private equity firm with locations in North America, Europe and Asia, and has available growth capital and credit capacity to execute acquisitions in a prompt manner.
The Dwyer Group is a registered trademark of The Dwyer Group, Inc. Mr. Rooter is a registered trademark of Mr. Rooter LLC. Mr. Electric is a registered trademark of Mr. Electric LLC. Mr. Appliance is a registered trademark of Mr. Appliance, LLC. Aire Serv is a registered trademark of Aire Serv LLC. The Grounds Guys is a registered trademark of The Grounds Guys LLC. Glass Doctor is a registered trademark of Synergistic International LLC. Rainbow International is a registered trademark of Rainbow International LLC. Portland Glass is a registered trademark of Glass Operating LLC. ProTradeNet is a registered trademark of ProTradeNet, LLC. ZorWare is a registered trademark of ZorWare LLC. Five Star Painting is a registered trademark of Five Star Painting, Inc. Dwyer Service Solutions and Dwyer marketing Services are DBAs of Handled.com LLC
- Rainbow International Restoration and Cleaning - Launched in 1981
- Mr. Rooter Plumbing maintenance and repair - Acquired in 1989
- Aire Serv Heating & Air Conditioning, HVAC maintenance, repair and installation - Launched in 1993
- Mr. Electric electrical maintenance and repair - Launched in 1994
- Mr. Appliance Appliance Repair - Launched in 1996
- Glass Doctor Automotive and property glass replacement and repair - Acquired in 1998
- The Grounds Guys Landscape Managment and lawncare services - Launched in 2010
- Five Star Painting Residential and Light Commercial Painting - Acquired in 2015
- Molly Maid Housekeeping services - Acquired in 2015
- Protect Paint Full-service interior and exterior painting service - Acquired in 2015
- Mr. Handyman One-stop shop for a wide range of home repair, maintenance, and improvement solutions. - Acquired in 2015
- Financial Profile - Proven track record of profitability with a minimum EBITDA of $2 million.
- Geography - Primarily domestic focus, but open to certain International markets.
- Services - Residential and light commercial repair and maintenance services.
- Owned vs. Franchise - Majority of the operations should be franchised.
The Dwyer Group is looking to acquire franchisors that provide services dedicated to maintenance or repairs in the residential and light commercial market. The company is open to acquiring companies that both enhance existing concepts and new franchisor concepts, such as: lawn-care services, pest-control services, cleaning / maid services, painting services, roofing services, pool services, moving services, energy consulting / audit services and other home services.
The Dwyer Group is interested in franchisors that can leverage its existing platform, which includes a strong franchise sales team, experienced franchisee support and training service team, extensive IT and marketing infrastructures, etc.
The Dwyer Group
The Riverside Company